JORGE A. JRAIGE R.
Partner and head of the tax consulting and litigation practice. Prior to founding ALTUM, Jorge was an associate and partner for 12 years of the tax practice of one of the main international law firms with presence in Venezuela. Jorge has broad expertise in the design and implementation of corporate reorganizations and financial, tax and estate planning. Jorge has advised multinational and local companies for over 15 years on tax consulting, administrative and judicial litigation.
Since 2008, Jorge has been recognized as one of the leading attorneys in the areas of estate planning, consulting and tax litigation in Venezuela, by various directories and league tables such as Chambers and Partners, International Tax Review, Best Lawyers, Who’s Who Legal, Legal 500 and Latin Lawyer.
- L.L.M International Taxation, New York University, USA. Arthur Vanderbilt Scholar (2009)
- Diploma course on Hydrocarbon and Mining Law, Universidad Monteávila,
- Master in Corporate Tax Management, Universidad Metropolitana, Venezuela (2006)
- Tax Specialization, Universidad de Salamanca, Spain (2003)
- Law Degree, Summa Cum Laude, Universidad de los Andes, Venezuela (1999)
- International Fiscal Association (IFA) - Member
- Venezuelan Finance Law Association - Member
- Venezuelan Tax Association – Member
- Merida Bar Association, Venezuela - Member
- Professor of “Income Tax- Present and Perspectives” in the Diploma course on Tax Management for Companies, Universidad Católica Andrés Bello – CIAP, Venezuela
- Professor of “International Tax Law” in the Master on Corporate Tax Management, Universidad Metropolitana, Venezuela
- Professor of “Federal and Municipal Issues of Taxation”, Law School, Universidad Monteávila, Venezuela
- Speaker and author of several publications on Tax Law
- Spanish (Native)
- English (Fluid)
- Portuguese (Advanced)