ÁLVARO J. POSADA SESSAREGO
Partner with extensive expertise in banking, corporate finance and capital market, with more than 30 years of experience advising multinational companies in Venezuela and designing the expansion strategies of local companies to other countries.
Álvaro is recognized for his ability, creativity and practicality in the identification and solution of problems, as well as for his commercial approach that exceeds strictly legal matters. That is the reason why Álvaro has been positioned as a trusted advisor of multinational groups handling their more sensitive and complex issues. His advice includes financing, mergers, acquisitions, insolvency, debt restructuring and cross-border corporate reorganizations.
Before joining ALTUM, Álvaro was a member and partner of one of the most important international law firms with presence in Venezuela, occupying various leadership and management positions at local, regional and global levels, including:
- Managing partner of the Venezuelan offices
- Member of the Managing Council of the Latin American region
- Chairman of the Banking and Finance practice in Latin America
- Member of the Global Banking and Finance Steering Committee
- Member of the Global Policy Committee
- Partner for Professional Development and Talent Management
Since 2002, Álvaro has been recognized as one of the leading attorneys in banking, corporate, mergers and acquisitions areas by various directories and league tables such as Chambers and Partners, Best Lawyers, Legal 500 and Latin Lawyer.
- L.L.M in Comparative Law, New York University, USA (1993)
- L.L.M in International Banking and Finance Law, Boston University, USA (1992)
- Finance Management Program, Instituto de Estudios Superiores de Administración – IESA, Venezuela (1989)
- Law Degree, Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, Venezuela (1988)
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Committee of Corporate Finance of Venamcham (Vice-President and President)
- Capital District Bar Association, Venezuela
- Spanish (Native)
- English (Fluid)