ALFONSO PORRAS MACHADO
Partner and head of the negotiation, handling and resolution of conflicts practice. Prior to founding ALTUM, Alfonso was an associate and partner for 16 years of the Banking and Finance practice of one of the most important international law firms with presence in Venezuela.
Alfonso has broad expertise in corporate finance, M&A, capital markets, financing and other financial transactions. In addition, he has participated in high level negotiations between public authorities and both local and foreign corporate groups. Furthermore, since 2010 Alfonso has been professor of the Corporate Law and Capital Markets Matters in Universidad Monteávila, Venezuela.
Throughout his career, Alfonso has been recognized as one of the leading attorneys in the banking and finance areas by Chambers and Partners, Best Lawyers, Legal 500 and Latin Lawyer.
- LL.M, Summa Cum Laude, University of Illinois, USA. University of Illinois Scholar, Valedictorian (2005)
- Stuart Greenberg R.A., University of Illinois, USA.
- Law Degree, Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, Venezuela (2002)
- Miranda Bar Association
- Professor of “Corporate Law II” and “Securities Market Matters and Company
Groups”, Law school, Universidad Monteávila, Venezuela
- Law school invited professor, Universidad Central de Venezuela, Venezuela
- Speaker and author of several publications on finance law.
- Spanish (Native)
- English (Fluid)